Tonight I'm still up at 11:05. Why? I'm in the Valentine's spirit! Every year I try to make something handmade & share it with all of my favorite friends. Last year I made these lovely, red-rose-decorated cupcakes. Well, I couldn't very well send them to Minnesota or Mexico, so I took pictures of them instead and sent email-val-o-grams to my friends.
Tonight I'm up making a few lovely-huge Valentine's out of cookie dough. Slipping them into envelopes isn't going too well, so I'm posting the recipe here instead. You will love these; kids love making these; everyone loves eating these--Valentine's!
So--Happy Valentine's Day!
Ginger Cookies
I always double this recipe!
Cream:
3/4 to 1 cup shortening
1 cup sugar
Add:
4 Tbsps Molasses
1 egg
2 2 1/2 cups flour
2 tsps soda
Sift and add:(can double. I usually multiply by 1.5)
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp salt
Chill. Then either roll into balls, roll in sugar, and flatten with bottom of glass; or roll out on floured surface, and cut out with cookie-cutters. The trick is lots of flour & then more flour.
Bake at 400 degrees un-greased cookie sheet for 8 minutes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment